September 13, 2012

Roasted Veggie Medley


This recipe originated with my friend, Rachel. I may have made a few changes over the years, I really can't remember.  I like making this at the beginning of the week and eating off of it for a few meals or making it when we need to contribute to some sort of large-group meal.  It makes a very large portion, so you may need to, at least, half it.

1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
1 red onion, cut into large slices
1 whole red, orange, or yellow bell pepper (or 1/2 of each), sliced
a few handfuls of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1-2 zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
4-6 cups of broccoli
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt and pepper
(and sometimes a couple dashes of Tony's seasoning)

Mix veggies in a huge bowl. Add oil and seasonings. Toss to coat. Roast in the oven at 400 for 20-25 minutes.

You can also grill them: Heat grill over high heat. Toss veggies into a grill basket (or an aluminum pan with holes poked in the bottom) and grill for 8-12 minutes, stirring every few minutes.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

This (and many other posts) just came through my google reader today, two months later. Huh. I just thought you took a break from your blog. So glad to see that isn't the case, and I'm so glad you like this recipe. I love it's versatility! Sometimes I put Italian or Greek dressing on it instead, it gives it a different taste (and I have been known to add a bit of feta or goat cheese, too, yum!)

Kirby said...

Rachel, I haven't published more than 60...mainly b/c I was waiting to post pictures. Silly, I know. I'd just blog as I could and save them. So, I'm sorry for everyone who has us in their google reader who just got plummeted today by posts. Feta and changing it up with dressings sounds SO good!! Definitely going to give those a try!!